Directly responsible in the areas of:
CAD (Product Development)
Creative Warehouse (Fabrics/Accessories and Cutting)
Objectives and Key Results (OKR)
1. Ensure the entire team is well aligned and functioning as one and that all items are shipped and launched on time. Conduct regular weekly (or as needed) WIP and Pre-pod meetings. Create any other processes to ensure on-time delivery.
a. Purchasing Improve and reduce the cost of sourcing in terms of time spent, courier costs, and raw material costs. Eliminate wrong orders by correcting consumption estimates. Avoid unnecessary air freight (raw materials). Avoid overbooking and overstock. Review manpower load to ensure equally balanced and recommend hiring or reduction of manpower.
b. Quality Control Review entire QC/QA group set up. Check if we have too many people. Check load balance per QC and if ‘assignments’ are cost-effective. Ensure Tech packs are correct and used all the time. Develop a system of accountability (checks and balances). Establish strong QA standards and QC and Subcon compliance. Minimize Return to Subcon rework.
c. Creative Ensure specifications are clear, complete and correct to avoid added sampling costs (time, courier, item cost). Ensure target costs are met. Develop a system of accountability.
d. Cad (Product Development) Maximize consumption to 85% and ensure the cost of goods is low and within the target margin. Reduce sampling rework and ensure on-time completion. Ensure consumption estimates and patterns are correct. Review the entire process. Develop a process of accountability (checks and balances). Review and ensure the sample making flow is cost-efficient, that we don’t have too much or too little people. Propose correct roll width. At the moment, we have too much excess due to wrong consumption; wrong block, wrong layout, etc. establish a bechmark guide of consumptions and SAMs.
e. Merchandising Establish a benchmark consumptions and costs. Ensure bom estimates are complete, correct and done on time. To get indicative costs within 5% of true bom costs.
f. Production Build better working relationships with Subcons. Improve current Subcon standards. Expand production capacity to handle 20% growth in volume. Review and ensure we have enough subcons to meet our target output or loading plan. Create cooperative or develop subcons as necessary. Review and improve all existing processes (offers, negotiation, pricing, payment, liquidation, etc). Develop sourcing options outside Metro Manila and Luzon area. This includes the option to source raw materials and finished goods outside the Philippines. Review if the cutting subcon is sufficient.
g. Warehouse Management Develop a better system of inventory control preventing thefts, faster information reporting proposes better storage and space management. Check if manpower is correct/over/under. Check if tasks are well-balanced. Review existing processes (requests, releases, etc) and find ways to improve. Better prediction of future warehouse requirements.
3. Ensure we have the correct number of staff and heads. Develop and provide necessary systems to achieve the above. This includes strategic planning, creating, and periodically reviewing okrs, creating an evaluation system where cross-department evaluates one another. Develop any other systems to ensure as we develop more markets and our business grows. Make sure that our entire Production team and Subcons are also ready.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Fashion Design and Merchandising, Apparel Design, Clothing Technology or a related field.
- Strong knowledge of garment construction techniques and fabric properties.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Attention to detail and a keen eye for quality.
- Problem-solving skills to address production issues.
- Time management skills to meet project deadlines.
- This is a work-on-site (work at the office)
- Job Level
- Director / Executive
- Job Category
- Manufacturing and Production
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Warehouse 19 & 20, Armal Compound II, M. Eusebio Avenue, Brgy. San Miguel Pasig City
- Fashion Retail
- 1 opening