The Multi-Asset Fund Specialist is tasked to perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of collective investment outlets, and conduct due diligence on different entities in order to provide advice to internal and external clients for making sound investment decisions, relating in particular to fund/manager/strategy selection. S/he is to represent external fund managers when speaking to ATRAM clients and intermediaries. S/he explains what is happening in the fund: where the manager is investing and why. As part of the Multi-asset Strategies Team, s/he also represents MA portfolio managers internally, making sure our marketing and sales teams have the information they need to keep our investors informed. Another part of the role involves product development; working with the funds distribution channel in looking at the trends in the market and identifying any gaps in our investment range comprising of externally managed funds. S/he is also tasked to perform investment due diligence on new products we may potentially launch.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze global and local macroeconomic developments and market trends and form views about the current investment environment.
- Generate ideas about how to capitalize on these views via fund/manager selection recommendations.
- Perform and maintain current analyses and due diligence on collective investment outlets for multi-asset accounts; Responsible for the gathering and maintenance of research data from internal and external sources.
- Generate, maintain, and develop internal portfolio reports used to support multi-asset investment decision making particularly relating to fund/strategy selection (e.g. performance attribution reports, fund holdings tracking)
- Draft of periodic investment strategy presentations and assist in content generation for fund fact sheets; Provide support in giving presentations to clients and marketing channels as needed
- Comply with regulatory requirements, company and group policies
- Relevant educational qualifications, preferably in university degree in economics, finance, business, accounting or similar courses
- With 2+ years markets and investment analysis/management experience (highly preferred)
- MBA/CFA charter is a plus
- Good understanding of the investment theories, capital markets and financial instruments; solid knowledge of accounting fundamentals
- Strong analytical ability with sound reasoning and quantitative skills; Proficiency with Excel and familiarity with database systems and dealing platforms (Bloomberg, Morningstar etc.)
- Strong attention to detail, with a focus on precision and accuracy combined with the ability to multitask and prioritize in a deadline-driven environment
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal) and strong team-work ethic founded on effective interpersonal skills
- High level of personal and professional integrity; compliance awareness while taking adequate measures to mitigate risks
- Job Level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- 8 Rockwell Bldg., Hidalgo Drive, Rockwell Center, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Asset Management
- 1 opening