The position is responsible for the management of plant maintenance activities in accordance with approved maintenance plans, including preventive, corrective and predictive maintenance of all plant equipment and facilities in accordance with maintenance strategies adopted by the company to ensure efficient, reliable and safe operation of all power plant equipment and auxiliaries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and recommends total maintenance program (electrical, mechanical, instrumentation) for generating units, equipment, support facilities, and utilities to achieve the desired level of efficiency, availability, reliability, and safety of all the generating units. Implements the approved program.
- Identifies, schedules, plans and directs general overhauling and major repairs of mechanical, electrical, control and instrumentation equipment of the facilities.
- Directs the implementation planned and/or forced outages to conduct prevent and corrective maintenance activities.
- Monitors preventive and corrective maintenance programs and processes to ensure that machine malfunctions are reduced or avoided, cost of repairs are minimized and facilities and equipment are restored to an acceptable operating condition after breakdown.
- Implements reliability-centered (condition-based) maintenance on applicable equipment to maximize utilization of resources.
- Ensures that all preventive maintenance work orders are all done and accomplished as
- Oversees implementation of design revisions to the plant systems or other improvement projects in coordination with Operations and third-party contractors.
- Formulates and implements policies on energy conservation, cost control, material suppliers and equipment utilization.
- Organizes toolbox meetings of all teams regularly and during the implementation of plant unit outages.
- Coordinates with other teams for the evaluation of unit outages to prevent future occurrence of the same.
- Regularly reviews and updates usage rate of spare parts inventory and recommends minimum and maximum inventory level taking into consideration purchasing delivery lead time to minimize ensure 100% availability of spare parts.
- Recommends procurement of spare parts, consumables, job orders for the overhauling and periodic maintenance of all generating units, auxiliaries, and transmission lines.
- Develops and/or implements the Department’s approved organizational chart to ensure effective and efficient work flow.
- Implements the company’s performance evaluation system as well as its career development program for the Department’s personnel.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of Training Programs and other interventions to improve job skills and enhance performance.
- Prepares the annual budget of the maintenance department and monitors monthly expenditure.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Registered Engineer
- At least 10 years of experience in Maintenance of Coal-Fired Power Plant or similar plant, involving Mechanical, I&C, Electrical, and related equipment
- At least 5 years of leadership experience in a diverse and highly competitive environment
- Exemplary leadership, people development, and management qualities
- Proven track record of using data for strategies, analysis, and decision making
- Knowledge of and experience in power plant operations and maintenance.
- Knowledge of and experience in health, safety and environmental laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of and experience in maintenance planning
- Innovation and quality focused
- Good communication skills, a plus
- Analysis and decision-making
- Interpersonal and communication skills