- The position is responsible for supervising the day to day operations and operationalizing the direction provided by the SHE Manager in the Operating Facilities.
- Supervises the environment, health and safety programs and systems in the supervised facilities through constant monitoring, checking and validation of their activities if done effectively.
- Ensure SHE Compliance in the supervised facilities through regular review of SHE standards and constant communication with relevant regulators.
- Identifies hazards in the workplace, its impact to the business activities and its mitigating measures to minimise the likelihood of risk occurrence through constant engagement and collaboration with various departments.
- Conducts SHE inspection of the workplace, inclusive of structures, facilities and fittings; machinery and equipment; and work practices, to ensure strict adherence with established safety regulations.
- Identifies potential environmental hazards, its impact to the business activities and its mitigating measures together with the process owners in the facility.
- Monitors the facility’s compliance to environmental standards as established by relevant regulatory agencies.
- In cases of non-compliance, facilitate discussion with the relevant team leaders to identify and execute an action plan.
- Ensures hazardous wastes are monitored, handled and disposed of properly in accordance to established guideline and procedure.
- Prepare SHE Reports for submission to regulatory agencies (DENR, DOLE, PCG, etc)
- Handles the renewal of permits under SHE, and assists other departments in securing permits with government agencies where SHE has developed an engagement
- At least 5 years in the Safety Health and Environmental Management Field.
- At least 1 year experience in Safety and Environmental Management in a power plant
- Leadership: 1 year in a supervisory role
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Natural Sciences
- PRC License; Preferably with PCO Training or Safety Officer
- Strong analytical and planning skills;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Job Level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job Category
- Architecture and Engineering
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Cebu City, Central Visayas, Philippines
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 1 opening
About Aboitiz Power Generation Group
Aboitiz Power Corporation (AboitizPower, AP) is a leader in the Philippine Electric Power Industry with a portfolio of assets located across the country. It has several hydroelectric and geothermal assets in its generation portfolio and also has non-renewable power plants located across the country. This includes: - Hedcor, Inc. - Therma Luzon, Inc. - Therma South, Inc. - Therma Marine, Inc. - Therma Mobile, Inc. - East Asia Utilities Corp. - Cebu Private Power Corp. - AP Renewables, Inc. At AboitizPower, we thrive together to drive change for a better world. We are a PEOPLE-CENTRIC organization who provides growth OPPORTUNITIES on a professional and personal level. We shape a better future as we do purposeful WORK in an ENVIRONMENT that is culture-focused, continuously innovating, and where individual and team contributions aligned to winning with integrity are RECOGNIZED. When you work at AboitizPower, you become part of an organization that is passionate and committed to advancing business and communities by providing reliable, reasonable, and responsible power to all. AboitizPower is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to our purpose of driving change for a better world. We consider and encourage all applicants without discriminating against age, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, disability, political opinion, religion, nationality, marital or parental status (including pregnancy), ethnicity or other status protected by law. Our equal opportunity and non-discrimination policy applies in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, regularization, promotions, transfers, discipline, termination, benefits and training. We urge everyone to be vigilant against scams that involve fraudulent offers of employment with Aboitiz Power Corporation. Scammers are falsely claiming to be representatives of Aboitiz, offering jobs in exchange for recruitment fees. Aboitiz does not ask for money from our applicants at any point of the job application process. #POWERyourFuture