Qumulus delivers cloud-based brilliance to all kinds of businesses. Launched this year in Manchester, England, the company is dedicated to delivering innovative IT infrastructure and software development services.
We’re in the process of building up a highly skilled team, in this phase we’re looking for experienced developers who aren’t shy to wear multiple hats. Curiosity is a very important trait, interfacing with clients you will be expected to discover the problems that need to be solved.
Once the problem domain is fully understood, you will draw on your own experience and the experience of the group, to first propose, and then implement solutions. This opportunity will provide a maximum impact role, where everything you do will influence an outcome.
We’ll look to you to recruit the best multi-disciplinary teams for each project, ensuring the right people and development processes are in place for every sprint phase of the project.
You’ll need at least 3 years’ experience in a leadership role, and will be ready to motivate and inspire a globally dispersed team of designers, analysts and project managers.
Sharing your knowledge and providing expert technical advice and guidance to clients and colleagues alike will drive everything you do, as will your determination to deliver brilliant solutions that put the user experience front and centre.
This is a hands-on customer-facing role in which you'll manage an agile team of talented software engineers. You will be also reviewing architecture, code, plans, deployments, and operations all while maintaining software quality. Excellent written and spoken English skills are essential.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the delivery of best-in-class system design, architecture and software solutions
- Ensuring all output aligns with best practice, coding standards and an architectural approach
- Establishing and maintaining professional relations with clients and Qumulus teams
- Mentoring and advising team members while providing technical direction
- To be first and foremost a brilliant communicator and people motivator
- The ability to recruit, lead and inspire colleagues working remotely
- An unmistakable passion and talent for coding
- A high degree of competency in at least 2 mainstream programming languages / frameworks (and a willingness to adopt more where the solution demands it).
- A track record of successful problem solving on large scale web projects
- Experience of designing solutions and establishing architecture principles
- A constant desire to proactively discover and understand new technologies and the benefits they bring.
- Extensive experience and knowledge with current DevOps best practices and technologies, CI/CD, IaaC, containerization, Kubernetes, cloud technologies and microservices
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave
- Performance Bonus
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, or Vision Plans
- Information security
- Database System Administration (DBA)
- Information Technology
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering