Managing company’s financial health:
- Reporting on the company’s financial health and liquidity as required by the management team
- Providing insightful information and expectations to the team to aid in long-term and short-term decision making including but not limited to budget forecasts, balance sheets and profit/loss statements.
- Preparing financial data and prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Assisting in budget preparation and expense management activities as necessary
- General bookkeeping, preparation of financial statements and auditing financial transactions
- Reinforcing financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
- Complying with Philippines’ financial policies and regulations
Supporting in organizational tasks for business operations:
- Optimizing overall software and systems and organized storage for business operations
- Be the gatekeeper for company and vendor payments ensuring all invoices are sent & paid on a timely manner
- Preparing of official receipt to customers
- Preparing monthly payroll, reimbursements, commission and payslips to the employees
- Overseeing vacation leaves, benefits, contract creation, onboarding of employees
- Managing SSS, Philhealth & Pag-ibig or its equivalent
- Hiring, screening resumes and setting up interviews when needed
- You have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or management.
- With 2 - 3 years of solid experience in Accounting/Finance/Bookkeeping; Knowledge with GAAP
- You know and understand the regulations in the Philippines (BIR, SSS, Philhealth, Pag-ibig)
- You’re interested in understanding and managing the operations of a business
- You are comfortable working with software like Freshbooks
- You are interested to work in a digital-first company.
- You have strong empathy, communication and persuasion skills
- You are comfortable with a lot of independence and trust. You come with solutions, not problems.
- You are quick on your feet and can come up with the right response spontaneously
- You are intellectually curious and proactively identify areas of improvement and growth
- You thrive in an independent working culture where you have the freedom to define how you will achieve your goals
- Work-life balance is important to you, and you know that taking care of yourself comes first
- Experience with Excel, Powerpoint and Word required
- Experience with coordination of BIR, SSS, Philhealth, Pag-ibig required
- Experience with hiring preferred
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Work from Home
- Performance Bonus
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Intuit QuickBooks Software
- Auditing and Compliance
- General Accounting
About Near Creative
We are a creative marketing agency that focuses on influencer marketing, as well as social media management and content creation, video production, PR and virtual events. We work with brands to create content that social media audiences want to consume, which creates real marketing and sales results. We strategise content from a marketing and business perspective, and know that the content we create needs marketing ROI. You’ll love working at Near because: We travel. Travel has been an integral part of our lives, and it has always been an eye-opening experience. We believe that location independence should be more accessible to hard-working individuals who do not want to be tied down to a desk in an office. People first, employees second. We value work life balance, our families and our friends, but work hard at the same time. We’re looking for people who can independently work towards their goals but the way you work is completely up to you. We want to see you grow. We appreciate the time that you would devote to us as a company and would wish that you also get a return on your investment by developing skills and capabilities. We offer competitive compensation. We deeply value who we work with and would like to be fair to you and what you can bring to the table. We also provide a commission and bonus structure.