The Manager, Impact Investing Partnership, is the leader of MAIN’s donor funded partnerships and startup capacity building work, with responsibilities that extend from strategy through planning, management, to the execution of initiatives.
Principally the role will ensure the exemplary implementation of MAINs partnership with Investing in Women (IW), an Initiative of the Australian Government Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). IW promotes women’s economic empowerment by redressing socio-cultural barriers to women’s full economic participation, whether in leadership positions, access to capital, labour force participation, or workplace equality.
The Goal of this partnership is to stimulate increased angel investment into women owned/led early-stage high growth potential SMEs in the Philippines.
It is a fast-paced job with considerable opportunities for growth. The role may evolve over time to include other responsibilities as MAIN develops other projects in addition to existing partnerships.
The right candidate will be an outstanding relationship manager able to connect authentically with many different kinds of people, including at the highest levels of business and government; an experienced project manager and team player; excited to be part of the future of the Philippines startup ecosystem.
The role will also support the Executive Director in (1) Promoting angel investing in the Philippines, (2) Increasing the size and relevance of MAIN, (3) Identifying startups suitable for angel funding and (4) building partnerships with aligned supporting organizations.
The incumbent will:
1. Work to expand and professionalise MAINs services and processes, building in a Gender-Lens Approach.
2. Increase MAINs membership numbers, especially female angel investors. This will include planning and executing events which promote the development of the angel investment community, such as through educational conferences, seminars, training workshops, mentorship sessions, and networking events.
3. Identify and build a credible pipeline of investment-ready women-owned/led early-stage growth SMEs at the Seed and Series A investment stages. This will require the incumbent to work some evenings.
4. Support MAINs investment portfolio as required to help them scale, successfully move to the next funding round, and decrease investment risks.
5. Assist MAINs Executive Director with the management and deployment of its investment funds, including ensuring compliance with statutory requirements.
During absences of the Executive Director, the position will lead the organisation's activities, providing regular updates to MAIN’s President, Executive Director and Board.
- Executive Director
- MAIN Board members · MAIN Convener · MAIN Committee Chairs
- MAIN Funds (Management & Board) · Investors, including HNWI, family offices, and VC firms.
- Abt Associates/ Investing in Women DFAT, Australia · MAIN Sponsors
- Investment Partners · Start-up Portfolio Companies (both current and prospective) · Eco-system stakeholders (both public and private)
- Embassy and Donor Community
Full-time (Part-time negotiable for right candidate), until the cessation of donor funding.
For immediate hiring. Early applications are encouraged as interviews will begin immediately.
About the Manila Angel Investors Network:
Founded in 2016, the Manila Angel Investors Network (MAIN) is the largest committed private investors network in the Philippines. MAIN was formed to support the country’s startup ecosystem by connecting investors with promising early-stage companies. MAIN is the Philippines’ representative of the ASEAN Angel Alliance.
As well as providing capital, MAIN mentors entrepreneurs, shares its expertise and opens its networks. Our members believe that fostering an innovative startup ecosystem will benefit both our members’ portfolios and the Philippines’ growth.
A fast-growing organisation, with members at home and overseas, we have big ambitions for increasing our capacity and impact over time.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communications skills, with an ability to champion the work of MAIN in both English and Filipino, and be comfortable with public speaking and facilitating group activities.
- An ability to connect with stakeholders from many different backgrounds, including at the highest levels of business and government.
An entrepreneurial and innovative approach.
- Energy, initiative, creativity, and drive to manage own work programme with minimal supervision.
- Excellent task management and people management skills.
- Completed a bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline. Advanced degrees are advantageous.
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home