Quality and Tools Engineer (DevOps)
- Makati, Philippines2F to 4F Makati, 2F to 4F Makati, 5406 P Burgos, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines, Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
Kalibrr is looking for a Quality and Tools Engineer to help us build our recruitment and assessment platform as we scale to thousands of customers. As a Quality and Tools Engineer, you’ll be working on setting up and improving the dev environment, and creating tools for development and test automations. You’ll use a variety of tools and your inquisitive mind to try improve developer productivity at scale. You’ll have the opportunity to work with our diverse and modern stack, starring technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, ElasticSearch, Pyramid (Python), PostgreSQL, Prometheus, Jenkins, AngularJS, and others.
Responsibilities and Duties:
You’ll spend most of your time coding, so you’ll need to be able to write (or quickly learn to write) elegant, efficient, and maintainable code. You’ll be expected to:
- Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges around developer and engineering productivity and velocity
- Create new and improve on current testing infrastructure
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability
- Optimize Kalibrr processes
While we’d love it if you’ve had experience with our tech stack, we’re happy to take in anyone with a desire to improve and is quick-to-learn. While we value experience, we believe that passion and potential are far more important.
- Comfortable working in Linux and the command line.
- Strong desire and ability to learn new technologies.
- Capable of performing (Big-O) complexity analysis.
- Basic computer networking knowledge including a conceptual understanding of TCP/UDP, HTTP, and DNS.
These are great-to-have, but not having some or any of these is not a deal-breaker:
- Experience in Linux system administration
- Experience in modern deployment and orchestration tools such as:
- Cluster management (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Mesos, ...)
- CI (Jenkins, CircleCI, …)
- Automated provisioning (Ansible, Puppet, Salt, …)
- Knowledge of Linux OS internals, filesystems, microservices, security, and encryption
- Experience with any of the following technologies is a plus:
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Medical / Health Insurance
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.