As Engineering Manager at JoyRide you are responsible for establishing and building processes, and practices, and strengthening the skills of our engineers. You will report directly to the Head of Software Engineering and will closely working with other department heads, to make sure that company and departmental KPIs, goals, and objectives are met. You will also be responsible for establishing and building processes, and practices, and strengthening the skills of our engineers.
Our ideal candidate is self-motivated and experienced Engineering Manager who will be responsible for leading the growth of the Engineering Team. A passionate and versatile development manager interested in building innovative and evolving products with Joyride’s product teams. We’re growing and looking for strong individuals interested in working on multi-disciplined teams in a collaborative and open environment. You’ll have opportunities to play key roles in product planning, design, prototyping, and execution.
What you will do..
- Manages multiple teams using current tools and following current agile practices
- Guides, coaches, motivates and leads team to understand and deliver on business and career objectives Defines and updates objectives with the team on a regular basis
- Collaborates with technical and non-technical stakeholders to ensure alignment on priorities and address technical issues
- Provide pro-active and clear communication to your stakeholders and manager. Identifying issues before they occur and leading the team through resolution
- Creates a culture of high performance and develops plans to address performance concerns Understands current budget and proactively identifies areas of financial impact
- Recruit, develop, and retain engineering talents.
- Support a culture of collaboration, accountability, and engineering and operational excellence. Develop standards and procedures to ensure quality standards are met and maintained.
- Demonstrate leadership, inspire the team, bring new ideas, and leverage new technologies and methodologies to bring value to the company.
- Participate in setting business strategy, and contribute technical expertise to business decisions. Understand and collaborate on a complete solution lifecycle from concept to execution.
- Recommends new technology and ideas to improve sprints and efficiency.
- Set achievable and motivating stretch goals and inspire the team to achieve them.
Our ideal candidate has..
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Proven ability to execute cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment Extensive experience in developing, deploying, and integrating software solutions Good at mentoring & coaching
- Possess excellent problem solving, analytical and communication skills Proven track record in deploying technology solutions, end-to-end
- Preferably 5-7 years of experience in helping to manage, develop and scale engineering teams
- Excels in balancing the needs of the organization in terms of service and solution delivery Excellent problem-solving skills, intelligence, initiative, and the ability to thrive under pressure. Strong leadership skills and has a sense of accountability
- Passionate about helping people grow and to be their best
- Can work independently and with minimal supervision
Bonus points for..
- Previous startup and/or TMaas (Transportation Mobility as a service) experience. Having hands-on engineering background
- Having Certifications on Agile, PMP, Scrum, etc