The Business Unit Head is responsible for overseeing and organizing the daily site operations to achieve the target in conjunction with the target. Manages employees and efficiency to make sure that the Site is operating smoothly, quickly, efficiently, and safely.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees day-to-day operations of the Warehouse, Fleet and Motorpool to ensure safety.
- Develops plans that help operations run smoothly based on overall business direction and logistics requirements.
- Develops risk management programs to ensure continuity of supply in emergency situations.
- Administers effective system that meets the organization's inventory control needs through efficient transportation of raw materials, component parts and/or finished goods.
- Controls commercial impact from a complete range of activities from receiving, locating and dispatching, sourcing, purchasing, and optimizing inventory levels.
- Coordinates inbound and outbound logistics operations including inventory management, warehousing, and transportation to ensure a sufficient supply of products and goods.
- Identifies and trains potential leaders.
- Works/represents with the government or private entities if needed.
- Ensures Site is always a safe work zone and will head the emergency response team and local HSE team.
- Works closely and collaborates with other departments to integrate logistics in line with the business systems or processes, with sales and marketing, accounting, production, and motorpool
- Communicates and cascades policies and processes implemented in the company.
- Conducts performance evaluation and gives suggestions for improvement.
- College graduate of any discipline with an MBA is an advantage.
- With 5 years minimum experience as Logistics Manager
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent people management skills
- Ability to meet schedules and deadlines
- Team working skills
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills