A day on the Data Team may look like this
- Design and write new SQL data transformations in our Data Warehouse using dbt to enhance BI and Product Analytics and enable new product features.
- Answer a question from our CEO about a user-driven KPI over the past 6 months. Code a quick POC of an improved metric in our BI tool.
- Dig into a data request from a Fortune 500 data partner to identify the volume of Solar Installation projects across several major cities. Iterate with their data science departments throughout a data trial.
- Produce new Product Analytics in a Jupyter Notebook for an experimental project by our Growth team.
Our Technology Stack
- Databases: Billions of rows across a complex data model - Snowflake, MySQL, Redshift, Postgres
- File Systems: AWS S3, Linux Shell
- ELT: dbt, Airflow, Amazon DMS
- BI: Sisense for Cloud Data Teams
- 3-5 years’ dedicated experience in a BI or Analytics role in a growing company with demonstrated success planning and executing multi-step projects.
- Meaningful experience with Data Modeling, ELT, and/or dbt.
- Strong SQL. At least 3 years experience calculating metrics with group bys, case statements, and scripting (either CTEs, temp tables, or procedural SQL).
- Exceptional communication skills in English. Must be willing to communicate with clients directly
- You love customers and have a history of understanding their needs and providing solutions. You think of your teammates as customers too.
- Experience with applied statistics a plus
- Familiarity with Jupyter Notebooks / Google Colab / Pandas / Git / Geo-location tools & APIs a plus
Perks and Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, or Vision Plans
No Rotating Schedule and Fixed Weekends Off
Fixed US Shift
- PH Holidays Observed
- Anniversary Leave
- Work From Home Allowance
- WFH until the end of 2023
BuildZoom is a US-based company that helps homeowners build and remodel their homes. BuildZoom's intelligent marketplace uses construction data to bring transparency to the industry, connect homeowners and contractors, and help them create successful outcomes. Our Manila office is growing in all departments, including software engineering, content marketing, and HR — we are looking for talented, driven individuals to join our team!