Our company and its partners are a well-funded startup who are building a ground-breaking recruitment platform in NodeJS. We are looking for a seasoned, well-experience Chief Technology Officer (CTO) preferably with strong NodeJS development skills to provide sound technical leadership in most aspects of the business. The CTO will have to communicate with the team, stakeholders, and customers to ensure that all technologies are used appropriately. Strategic thinking, leadership skills, and top-notch software development skills are essential for this role. The CTO will be well-versed in current technological trends and programming languages. Excellent communication and English are also a must.
We are looking to build a sizeable farshore team around the CTO who will take control of interviewing and selecting of candidates.
The CTO's tasks and role include but are not limited to:
- Work within a small high performing cross-functional team delivering a variety of solutions across our applications.
- Design and develop software solutions to meet agreed acceptance criteria and stories using a range of languages and technologies. Ensures development standards are established, known, and followed within agile team.
- Actively participate in requirements analysis: highlight omissions and gaps; pro-actively contribute to discussions; and understand the scope, risk, and complexity of changes by challenging and providing feedback to the stories and acceptance criteria.
- Work with product owners, UX designer, QA, back-end, and front-end developers to solve problems faced by end customers every day.
- Get to use the latest DevOps tooling to accelerate delivery of your solutions to market - these tools help us achieve things such as static code analysis.
- Be involved in every aspect of design and develop software solutions to meet agreed acceptance criteria and stories using a range of languages and technologies.
- Help to ensure value is achieved through development by understanding customer requirements, identifying dependencies and risk, and clearly communicating and escalating where appropriate.
- Hone your problem-solving skills, by Analyzing, identifying, and fixing root cause of defects throughout the various layers of an application.
- Identify, compartmentalize, and execute refactoring where commercially/technically necessary, with a focus on maintainability.
- Contribution towards effective source control, ensuring isolation and ability to manage multiple branches.
- Actively work in a quality focused approach within the team, showing ownership for QA activities.
- Enhance your skillset and knowledge by testing own work and that of others to ensure quality.
- Pro-actively engage in agile development activities: scrums, planning and estimating sessions, workshops, and stakeholder development demonstrations where required.
- REST Web API
- SQL Databases
- Relational database design, Query Optimization, Indexing etc.
- Git-based Source Control
Skills and Experiences:
- At least 5 years of experience with software development
- At least 3 years’ experience using NodeJS, including using the JSON format for data exchange
- At least 3 years of experience handling a team
- Use of source controls systems, e.g. Git, Gitlab
- Automated Build (CI) and Deployments (CD) using Gitlab / GCP
- Knowledge would also be desirable in the following – TDD, DDD, TypeScript.
- Strong understanding of modern cloud software architectural principles and product integration.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong troubleshooting skills, log analysis, etc.
- Self-starter who will get tasks going, and drive to completion
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to think creatively and exploit opportunities
- Able to grasp technical concepts and new product functionality quickly
- Thorough knowledge of agile development methods and processes
- Good organizational skill
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own and within a team
- Ability to work to tight timescales
- A commitment to quality
- Be able to adapt to a fast-paced environment where priorities can change
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Performance Bonus
- Paid Holidays