This position is responsible for the full achievement of the unit’s departmental and corporate objectives through implementation of effective inventory management, data analytics, reports preparation and execution of logistics strategies to ensure accuracy of reports and achieve product inventory levels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Develops and implements inventory strategies through the following:
- inventory planning of requirements in alignment with approved sparing strategy matrix (for consumables, preventive, corrective, insurance and rotable spares) and approved budget
- Planning future capacity requirements especially the long lead time to ensure success of outage management policy including maintenance activities
- Implementing inventory analysis tools such as min-max, replenishment order points, movement analytics, ABC analysis, cycle counting
- Implementing system for investment recovery activities by identifying, evaluation and coordinating with subject matter experts and other stakeholders on disposal of excess, non-moving materials / equipment
- Coordinates material planning and replenishment activities with user departments and organizations
- Conduct of inventory count and reconciliation
- Properly order new supplies/requirements avoiding excessive surplus or inefficiencies to achieve lean inventory
- Timely issuance of requisitions with complete specifications to ensure timely and correct procurement
- Helps promote continuous improvement initiatives
Implements and ensures smooth flow of warehouse operations through the following
- Developing plans on ensuring FIFO for materials with shelf lives
- Ensuring prompt fulfillment of orders (issuances, etc) in compliance with stage kitting policies and company’s policies
- Planning and optimizing warehouse space allocation
- Ensuring appropriate process is employed for material preservation and material returns
- Ensures that all stock is stored in correct locations in the warehouse
- Ensuring accurate and prompt recording of transactions associated with issuances, receiving, inspection, transfers, shipping, etc
Develops and implements logistics strategies through the following:
- Manage multiple projects by utilizing strong written and oral communication to establish priorities
- Developing plans and executing logistics of requirements of SCM especially the urgent, oversized dimensions and heavy cargoes
- Strategize and execute the reverse logistics activity
- Collaborates with SHE and other relevant stakeholders to ensure safe, on-time and reliable logistics requirements of the company
- Coordinates with Operations & Maintenance (O&M), Safety, Health, Equivalent, and Safety (SHEQ), Information Technology (IT), Finance, Procurement, and other teams pertaining to logistics concerns that need immediate attention and coming up with proactive and permanent solutions.
- Handles coordination, documentation and tracking of all incoming and/or outgoing shipments of materials and ensures safe and on-time delivery.
- Manages service providers to ensure quality performance of the company logistics plans
- Making special shipping arrangements as necessary, tracking and fixing shipping errors, validating bills and invoices and managing exportation and shipment budgets
- Developing processes that make the supply chain more efficient and organized
- Ensures compliance to the master data governance for item and service master.
- Ensures data quality of the item master and service master
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Commerce, Accounting, and Engineering
- At least 2 years exposure or experience in Warehousing in a power plant, construction, or related industry/working environment.
- Advance warehousing knowledge; Able to identify and classify items
- Knowledge on logistics operations for domestic and international shipment of materials
- Can work safely with minimal supervision
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- Knowledge on data analytics and creating reports